Toronto police update expected on investigation into accused serial killer Bruce McArthur

Katrina Barker
February 24, 2018

Police will announce today that alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur is facing additional charges, a source confirms to CP24.

Toronto police managed to identify 30 properties in the city where McArthur has worked, with one residence - 53 Mallory Crescent - housing the skeletal remains of three individuals in backyard planters stored in a garage.

When it comes to identifying the remains, Idsinga says dental and finger print identification happens rather fast while DNA could "take months".

McArthur was charged last month in the death of 49-year-old Andrew Kinsman, and the presumed death of 44-year-old Selim Esen, both of whom went missing from Toronto's gay village in 2017.

McArthur has been charged with the murders of Toronto residents Dean Lisowick, 47, Soroush Marmudi, 50, Majeed Kayhan, 58, Andrew Kinsman, 49, and Selim Esen, 44.

Police say they are thinking of excavating a second property in Toronto but have not yet made a decision on that.

Toronto police say they will be providing an update on the investigation into Bruce McArthur this morning. Friends said McArthur employed and had a sexual relationship with Navaratnam, who was last seen in 2010 leaving Zipperz, a now-closed gay bar.

The latest murder charge involves 40-year-old Skanda Navaratnam, who went missing in 2010.

Mr Kayhan was a 58-year-old Afghan immigrant who was reported missing by his son in 2012, and Mr Lisowick was a homeless prostitute in his mid-40s.

The investigation into McArthur's activities, which has been described by police as unprecedented in scope, comprises hundreds of Toronto officers as well as other Canadian and global forces.

He added that police are tracing McArthur's whereabouts "as far back as we can go".

"We have one property where we may do excavation... we are very interested in at least two or three other properties in the GTA", Idsinga said.

Police are also reviewing "multiple outstanding" murders, unexplained "sudden death" cases, and "hundreds of outstanding missing persons cases" going back decades for possible links to McArthur, he said.

That brings the number of men McArthur is accused of killing to six. Edward Royle, a lawyer for McArthur, has declined comment on the case and McArthur has yet to enter a plea.

Meanwhile, police continue to search through McArthur's Thorncliffe Park apartment for evidence and have said that they expect to be at the address for the foreseeable future.

Other reports by AllAboutTopnews

Discuss This Article