12 displaced after Christmas morning fire on Far South Side

Katrina Barker
December 26, 2017

Fire ripped through the home of a firefighter from the Pembroke, Kentucky Fire Department.

Several apartments, however, did receive a large amount of smoke damage, Phoenix fire said. When they went up to the front door of the home to investigate, they saw thick and black smoke billowing from the door frame.

One person was taken to Roseland Community Hospital in good condition, the spokesman said.

"Christmas is supposed to be a joyous time and here we are". The damage in the bar was mostly caused by water, he said.

Tony Fuentes, the neighbor who reported the fire, told the Sun-Star that the home, along with another vacant residence on the same block, were routinely broken into by homeless individuals for shelter.

Crews were able to stop the fire from spreading to the apartments connected to the garage.

The Fire department is asking the public for help.

Fire officials said they were able to save some of the Christmas presents in the apartment units.

Investigators said the fire was determined have started accidentally as a result of an electrical problem at one mobile home, and it then spread to another mobile home.

Other reports by AllAboutTopnews

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER